On La Ventana Americana, I made one of my favorites shows so far. I invited a couple of space scientists to talk about Space Exploration and the future of the space program. It was planned a one hour show, but we had so much fun we couldn’t stop. So I got material for two shows.
Our special guests were Dr. Marcelo Vazquez & Dr. Pascal Lee.
Marcelo Vazquez is a medical doctor specialized in space medicine. He is one of the pioneers researching the effects of solar gamma radiation in humans outside the earth atmosphere. He is also part of Mars Institute, and private consultant for the Brookhaven National Laboratory (BNL), he also has a long relationship with NASA as a consultant. Among other consulting and researching responsibilities, he is currently working with University Loma Linda, California, now looking into applications of solar radiation in treatments for Cancer.
Dr. Pascal Lee is a planetary scientist. He is one of the founders of Mars Institute. He is also part of SETI (Search for Extra-Terrestrial Intelligence), he works directly with NASA, and in this occasion he comes to us with an educational children’s book. His book, “Mission Mars” is for kids 9 to 12 years old, inspiring children to get into science, and into space exploration. “Mission Mars” was published by Scholastic.
Remember that my shows can be listened on air from KZSU Stanford 90.1Fm every Tuesday from 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm (PST), and always here at our page.
- Blood Gold, and Illegal Mining Activity on The Amazon March 16, 2020
- Wine is a Family Business July 3, 2018
- People of the Amazon to Meet at Stanford in a Plea to Save It May 9, 2017
- The State of Latino Entrepreneurship April 24, 2017
- Bringing The Love of STEM to All Girls January 10, 2017
- Vino with Amigos Binds us Together Through Wine Culture November 14, 2016